Terry Eugene Bollea, known to the world as Hulk Hogan, is one of the most iconic figures in the history of professional wrestling. Born on August 11, 1953, in Augusta, Georgia, Hogan is widely considered one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He is a household name and has had a major impact on the wrestling industry. His popularity helped to make wrestling a mainstream sport in the United States during the 1980s.
Hulk Hogan is perhaps most famous for his multiple reigns as the WWF (now WWE) World Heavyweight Champion. He first won the title by defeating The Iron Sheik on January 23, 1984, at Madison Square Garden.
Hogan’s most famous championship win was his victory over Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III in 1987. This match is considered one of the most iconic moments in wrestling history. He would go on to win the title multiple times, becoming a symbol of the WWF’s rise to prominence during the 1980s.
In the mid-1990s, Hogan shocked the wrestling world by joining the rival promotion World Championship Wrestling (WCW). Adopting the villainous persona of “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, he aligned with the New World Order (nWo), a faction that played a pivotal role in the Monday Night Wars – a period of intense competition between WCW and WWE.
Hogan’s run in WCW saw him win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship multiple times. The nWo storyline, with Hogan as a central figure, propelled WCW to dominate the wrestling landscape for a time.
Here is a list of all the championships/accomplishment that Hulk Hogan has won during his professional wrestling career:
- NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship (Northern Division) (1 time)
- NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship (Southern Division) (2 times)
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time) – Hogan won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship once, defeating The Great Muta in 1993.
- MSG Tag League Tournament (1982, 1983) – with Antonio Inoki
- WWF Championship (6 times) – Hogan won the WWF Championship a total of six times, holding the title for a combined 2,185 days.
- WCW World Heavyweight Championship (6 times) – Hogan won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, holding the title for a combined 1,177 days.
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – Hogan won the WWE Tag Team Championship once, teaming up with Edge to defeat Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo in 2002.
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time) – Hogan won the TNA World Heavyweight Championship defeating Jeff Jarrett at TNA’s Bound for Glory 2011.
- King of the Ring – Hogan won the King of the Ring tournament in 1987, defeating Harley Race in the final.
- Royal Rumble – Hogan won the Royal Rumble in 1990 and 1991, becoming the first wrestler to win the event in consecutive years.
- WWE Hall of Fame (2015, 2020)