Shawn Michaels officially announced the first-ever Iron Survivor Challenges to take place at NXT Deadline to determine two No. 1 Contenders.
NXT Deadline will take place on Saturday, December 10, 2022. The Iron Survivor Challenge is a new match type that will pit NXT superstars against each other to determine the No. 1 contenders for both the NXT Championship and the NXT Women’s Championship.
Shawn Michaels appeared on tonight’s NXT show in a pre-recorded video and said a revolutionary new match, never-before-done in WWE history, will take place at NXT Deadline on Saturday, December 10 and it will be called the Iron Survivor Challenge.
The rules of the match are as follows:
- Five superstars will compete in this unique 25-minute Match as they battle each other and the clock.
- Two superstars will start the match and every five minutes a new superstar will enter the match until all five are in the ring.
- The goal is to have the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes.
- Falls can be won at any time via pinfall, submission or disqualification.
- When a superstar scores a fall they will earn one point.
- However, when a superstar loses a fall, that superstar must pay the penalty. They are forced out of the ring and into a penalty box for 90 seconds.
- Once the 90 seconds are up, the superstar can re-enter the match.
- The superstar who has scored the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes will be named the Iron Survivor and become the No. 1 Contender for the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship respectively