Randy Orton’s 72-year-old father Bob Orton, has opened up about his son’s health during a conversation with Sportskeeda Wrestling. The WWE Hall of Famer said that doctors have advised Randy against returning to a WWE ring as he recovers from a November back fusion surgery.
Cowboy Bob’ told Sportskeeda: “He’s training, so we’ll see what happens; I don’t know. If he feels like he’s ready to go back, I think he might, but again he’s pretty well taken care of. I don’t think he needs to. And I think the doctors have told him not to. But Randy will do what Randy wants to do.”
Randy Orton is one of the most popular and successful wrestlers in WWE history, with 14 world championship titles to his name across a distinguished 20-year career. He is a surefire Hall of Famer, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time.
Randy’s Career Highlights:
- 14x WWE Championship (WWE & WHC)
- 1x WWE Intercontinental Championship
- 1x WWE United States Championship
- 4x WWE Tag Team Championship with Edge, Bray Wyatt & Harper, Riddle (World, RAW & SD)
- 2x Royal Rumble Winner match (2009, 2017)
- 1x Money in the Bank (2013)
- 17th Grand Slam Champion
- 10th Triple Crown Champion