WrestleMania is WWE’s flagship event and is considered the biggest event in professional wrestling. WrestleMania features some of the biggest storylines and matches of the year.
The first WrestleMania event was held in 1985 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The event was a huge success, with over 19,000 fans in attendance and millions more watching on pay-per-view.
Since then, WrestleMania has become a cultural phenomenon, featuring not only wrestling matches but also celebrity appearances, musical performances, and other forms of entertainment.
Here are the top 10 most attended WrestleMania events in history as of March, 2023.
- WrestleMania 32 (AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, 2016) – Attendance: 101,763
- WrestleMania III (Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, 1987) – Attendance: 93,173
- WrestleMania 29 (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, 2013) – Attendance: 80,676
- WrestleMania 35 (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, 2019) – Attendance: 82,265
- WrestleMania 34 (Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2018) – Attendance: 78,133
- WrestleMania 31 (Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California, 2015) – Attendance: 76,976
- WrestleMania 33 (Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida, 2017) – Attendance: 75,245
- WrestleMania 23 (Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan, 2007) – Attendance: 80,103
- WrestleMania XXVIII (Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida, 2012) – Attendance: 78,363
- WrestleMania 24 (Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida, 2008) – Attendance: 74,635
This year WrestleMania 39 ‘Goes Hollywood’ as a two-night event, taking place on April 1 and 2, 2023, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California —the original location of WrestleMania 37 before the COVID-19 pandemic forced it to be relocated. It will be the sixth WrestleMania card held in Southern California after 2 (Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena), VII (Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena), XII (Arrowhead Pond), 2000 (Arrowhead Pond) and 21 (Staples Center).
WrestleMania 39 will stream live on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else.