WWE today announced that WWE Backlash, which emanated from Puerto Rico, became WWE’s highest-grossing and most-viewed Backlash in company history.
- Viewership of Backlash saw a 28% increase versus last year. The event marked the largest gate ever for any WWE event held in Puerto Rico and the largest gate in the history of Backlash.
- More than 34,800 fans descended on San Juan, Puerto Rico, for back-to-back sellout nights of SmackDown (16,896 attendees) and Backlash (17,944 attendees).
- The most social Backlash of all-time – Led by over 40 million views of the Bad Bunny v Damien Priest street fight. The hashtag #WWEBacklash, accompanied by a custom Bad Bunny emoji, trended No. 1 across the entire evening of sports.
- Backlash broke merchandise and sponsorship records. As the first-ever WWE event under the expanded partnership with Fanatics overseeing the on-site event retail experience, top-selling items included the WWE Backlash and LWO Puerto Rico t-shirts.
- Sponsorship revenue surpassed any Backlash event in history, breaking last year’s record with a 98 percent year-on-year increase through partnerships with Netflix’s FUBAR, Mike’s Harder Lemonade and Xfinity.
WWE BACKLASH 2023 RESULTS
- Bianca Belair def. IYO SKY by pinfall to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship.
- Seth Rollins def. Omos by pinfall.
- Austin Theory def. Bobby Lashley and Bronson Reed by pinning Reed to retain the WWE United States Championship.
- Rhea Ripley def. Zelina Vega by pinfall to retain the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Bad Bunny def. Damian Priest by pinfall in a San Juan Street Fight after The Judgment Day, the LWO, Savio Vega and Carlito get involved.
- The Bloodline def. Matt Riddle, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn by pinfall when Solo Sikoa pins Riddle.
- Cody Rhodes def. Brock Lesnar by pinfall.