Since his return to WWE, CM Punk has been at odds with many. The latest in this string of heated exchanges happened on Monday Night Raw, where he faced off against Drew McIntyre.
The show kicked off with McIntyre confronting Damian Priest about his interference in the world heavyweight title match against Seth Rollins last week. McIntyre even hinted at leaving WWE, echoing Punk’s actions a decade ago. This prompted Punk’s entrance and a heated promo exchange ensued. Both superstars traded barbs, with McIntyre highlighting Punk’s tumultuous WWE past and Punk critiquing McIntyre’s career setbacks.
McIntyre reflected on his 2014 WWE departure, noting that he navigated his own path without requiring guidance from a leader. He then asserted that he is now Punk’s leader. Punk, however, refuted the idea of ever considering himself a leader, emphasizing that he has always led by example. He also commended McIntyre’s successful return to WWE and expressed a desire to replicate that success by winning the Royal Rumble and securing a main event spot at WrestleMania.
“And as far as being a demon, I’m not a demon. When pushed, I’m Satan himself,” Punk said. “And if you were one of the people that saw that side of CM Punk, that says way more about you and where you are in your little dark places than it does about me. Because I’m a real, real nice guy — until it’s time not to be. And it looks like it’s getting to be that time. I am not here to be a nice guy. I am not here to make friends. I’m here to win the Royal Rumble and main event WrestleMania.”
The segment concluded with each vowing to oust the other from the Royal Rumble.
What else happened on Raw?
- Tomasso Ciampa secured a surprise victory over Finn Balor with a flash pinfall.
- Kofi Kingston won against Ludwig Kaiser by disqualification. This came after Kaiser’s intense attack on Kingston outside the ring, culminating in a running dropkick that slammed Kingston’s head into the steel steps.
- Nia Jax and Rhea Ripley had a verbal confrontation in the ring.
- In the WWE women’s tag team championship, Katana Chance and Kayden Carter triumphed over Chelsea Green and Piper Niven. They clinched the win with the ‘After Party’ move on Green.
- R-Truth was featured in a vignette where he spoke about Judgement Day being his dream.
- The Miz achieved victory over JD McDonagh by executing the Skull Crushing Finale.
- Seth Rollins Jinder Mahal went after each other in a promo. A world title match between them is scheduled for next week.
- Ivar emerged victorious over Otis, clinching the win with a top rope moonsault.